You’ve seen it on older men. Those annoying hairs that stick out of ears and noses. But these days, maybe it’s become all too common in the mirror too. Welcome to the golden years of hair care my friend!
These hairs usually keep themselves under control while you’re young, but they can get a little unruly with age. They are there for a good reason though…to keep dirt and germs out of sensitive areas! So while it’s tempting to get rid of them completely, it’s best not to.
Fortunately, keeping them in check is quick and painless with the right nose hair trimmers. And the modern man has a plentiful selection available to him.
We’ve done the hard work of narrowing down your choices in this review of the best nose hair trimmers!
What To Consider When Buying Nose Hair Trimmers
When deciding what the best nose hair trimmers for you are, there’s a few features to take into consideration. Depending on your needs, choosing trimmers with or without some of these things can make the experience much more more straightforward.
- Blade Type: Many trimmers use a rotary system designed for finer hair, and less frequent trims. These work great if you don’t need to do a lot of grooming, but if you have thick hair or need to do a lot of detailing on your beard, it’s better to buy trimmers with a single blade design.
- Extra Attachments: A single blade design also usually means a more robust motor and extra attachments. If you plan to spend a lot of time trimming your beard, eyebrows, or neck, getting a trimmer with extra attachments can make this much easier.
- Wet/Dry Capability: Another thing worth considering is if you need your trimmer to be waterproof. This might sound a little extraneous, but being able to wash your trimmer off after use is a nice convenience feature. As is the ability to use it in the shower.
- Vacuum System: A final convenience feature worth considering is the addition of a vacuum system that collects trimmed hair. This can easily be underestimated, until you sneeze in the middle of a trim from a loose hair in your nose!
So which nose hair trimmers are the best for you? Read on to find out!
Toilet Tree Professional Nose Trimmer Review
This professional trimmer from ToiletTree is backed by a lifetime replacement warranty. It’s water resistant design means your can use it in the shower and that it cleans easily under the faucet.
The body is made of high quality steel, and it has an LED to help light up hard to see hairs. The blades are also stainless steel, meaning they are resistant to corrosion and will last a long time.
Customers say this trimmer is much more effective than the Panasonics. It trims quicker, catches less, and is easy to clean. A small number of customers have seen defects out of the box which ToiletTree’s lifetime warranty has covered.
- Washable, cleans easily
- Made out of high quality stainless steel
- LED to light up hard to see areas
- Stainless steel blades
- Lifetime warranty
- Good price
- Motor is not as strong as other trimmers
- Has had some “out-of-box” defects
Philips Norelco NT5175/49 Nose Hair Precision Trimmer Review
This Norelco trimmer has double sharpened blades and an angled design, for precise trims of unwanted nose and ear hair, as well as eyebrows, sideburns, and your beard. The blades do not require oil, and the trimmer comes with a two-year warranty.
It also comes with multiple attachments, designed to make trimming of your beard, stubble, and sideburns easy. ProtecTube technology protects your skin from unwanted cuts and nicks, and the head can easily be washed in the sink after each trim thanks to water resistant design.
Many customers are very happy with this Norelco trimmer, saying it works great and doesn’t pull hair. Additionally, most happy customers mention that it’s gentle on areas with sensitive skin, like the inside of your nose.
Some customers complained that it is a little slow on things like beards. Most likely this is due to the fact that the blade is smaller than hair clippers.
- Easy to clean (trimmer head is waterproof)
- Extra attachments for trimming neck, sideburns, eyebrows, etc.
- Microfiber bag for carrying
- The blades don’t need to be oiled
- 2 year warranty
- Body is not waterproof
- Trimming can be a little slow
Panasonic ER430K Ear & Nose Hair Trimmer Review
Like the ToiletTree model we reviewed, this trimmer is totally waterproof, so it can be used in the shower. It also has Dual-Edge, hypoallergenic blades that provide the perfect trim without pulling on both the top and the side.
Unlike the ToiletTree or Norelco, this version has a micro-vacuum system that pulls away clipped hair into an easy to clean collection chamber.
It weighs in at less than 4oz (113g) and comes with it’s own travel pouch for storage during trips.
Customers like the addition of the vacuum system-it prevents sneezing and inhaling clipped hair during trimming. Customers also agree that the blades are very sharp and cut well.
The only complaint customers have is that a small number had short lifespans on their trimmers (6 months to a year).
- Stainless steel, hypoallergenic Blades
- Waterproof and washable
- Vacuum System
- Travel pouch included
- Durability is good but not great
- Most expensive of trimmers reviewed
Which nose hair trimmers are best for you? As always, it will depend on exactly what you need. The good news is, all trimmers reviewed here are reasonably priced, with some offering extra features that make the task of keeping your unsightly hairs in check a little easier.
Here’s how we see it:
If you need to do higher volume trimming on your beard, neck, or eyebrows, the Philips Norelco is definitely your best bet. Though customers seemed to think it worked slowly, the single blade design and the extra attachments really make the whole process much easier.
If you just need the best trimmer for small hairs in your ears and nose, and the occasional sideburn or neck trim, then the Panasonic ER340K is the way to go. With a vacuum system, good cutting without pulling, and wet/dry capability, this trimmer simply is worth the money.
If you’re looking for a solid all around performer, the ToiletTree is also a great tool at a great price. It’s LED light makes the difference when it comes to finding hard to see hairs. And, it’s backed with a lifetime warranty, so if it breaks, they’ll fix or replace it!